Functional Programming Intern
Fugue is a venture-backed software company developing an infrastructure-level operating system for cloud computing. Initially available on Amazon Web Services (AWS), Fugue builds, optimizes, and enforces cloud infrastructure—continuously and automatically. The company has raised a total of $74MM from investors including New Enterprise Associates, The Maryland Venture Fund, and Core Capital Partners. With offices in Frederick, MD, Washington, DC, and San Jose, Fugue is rapidly expanding its talented, high performing team.!
Fugue has developed a functional/declarative programming language and we are now looking for a passionate intern, with a strong desire to learn in a fast paced cloud environment, to help us build out some of the core libraries and applications.
- Must have demonstrated experience with typed functional languages
- Preferred hands on experience with Haskell, OCaml, or standard ML
- Alternatively, experience with Lisp, Clojure, Racket or similar will also be considered
- ability to work closely with and take direction from senior team members
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud a plus
- Check out some of our language documentation here to learn more: https://docs.fugue.co/learn.html#whats-ludwig
The ideal Functional programming candidate is:
- Passionate about technology and able to demonstrate that passion with personal projects and interests
- Motivated to learn and grow in the cloud computing space
- Excited to work in a fast paced start up environment
- Able to work at least 20 hours per week in our Washington DC or Frederick Maryland office location
Who are we?
Fugue is leading the next stage in the development of Cloud Computing. While the cloud liberated us from the burdens of physical IT infrastructure, it introduced new challenges as applications became distributed and infrastructure proliferated. Fugue reigns in this complexity and simplifies operations, allowing our customers to take control of their cloud infrastructure, move fast, and save money! Come join some of the brightest minds in technology today, and help us change the face of cloud computing.
At Fugue we believe that the only way to build a successful company is by building a diverse team of talented, smart individuals. We know that humans are better together than alone. Whether or not the government provides protection, we do not discriminate against anyone for any reason. Here’s the standard EEO statement - know that we believe in it even more than is required!
Fugue provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Fugue complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.