Fugue is a venture-backed software company developing an infrastructure-level operating system for cloud computing. Initially available on Amazon Web Services (AWS), Fugue builds, optimizes, and enforces cloud infrastructure—continuously and automatically. The company has raised a total of $74MM from investors including New Enterprise Associates, The Maryland Venture Fund, and Core Capital Partners. With offices in Frederick, MD, Washington, DC, New York, and San Francisco, Fugue is rapidly expanding its talented, high performing team. We’re looking for a lead Azure engineer to join our growing team.
The Lead Azure Software Engineer will be the go to SME for the Azure cloud within Fugue. You will be mixing reliable industry standards and techniques with a generous dose of your own creativity to pioneer the new solutions in the Azure space of Fugue. We are looking for highly motivated team members who face challenges head-on and are able to work in an innovative, complex, and dynamic environment.
Required Skills and Experience
- Significant experience in software product development—architecting, implementing, and maintaining systems
- Professional experience with Azure cloud in a deep technical setting
- Deep understanding of the Azure API
- Responsible, team-oriented, hands-on leadership to drive delivery of high quality technical solutions
- Effective communication of technology solutions and decisions to peers and managers
- Solid analytical problem solving and software design skills
- Experience with distributed systems and services architecture, including operational experience
- Bachelors degree in CS or related technical field OR equivalent experience
- Familiarity with AWS
- Understanding of Python or GO programming languages, or ability/desire to learn them
- Familiarity with continuous integration and continuous delivery build systems
- Experience developing solutions in multiple domains
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
Who Are We?
Fugue is leading the next stage in the development of cloud computing. While the cloud liberated us from the burdens of physical IT infrastructure, it introduced new challenges as applications became distributed and infrastructure proliferated. Fugue reins in this complexity and simplifies operations, allowing our customers to take control of their cloud infrastructure, move fast, and save money.
We offer competitive compensation, time off, strong work-life balance, and amazing start up culture. Come join some of the brightest minds in technology today, and help us change the face of cloud computing!
At Fugue, we believe that the only way to build a successful company is by building a diverse team of talented, smart individuals. We know that humans are better together than alone. Whether or not the government provides protection, we do not discriminate against anyone for any reason. Here’s the standard EEO statement—know that we believe in it deeply and beyond mandate:
Fugue provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Fugue complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.