Fugue is a venture-backed software company developing an infrastructure-level operating system for cloud computing. Initially available on Amazon Web Services (AWS), Fugue builds, optimizes, and enforces cloud infrastructure—continuously and automatically. The company has raised a total of $74MM from investors including New Enterprise Associates, The Maryland Venture Fund, and Core Capital Partners. With offices in Frederick, MD, Washington, DC, New York, and San Francisco, Fugue is rapidly expanding its talented, high performing team. We are looking for an accomplished Customer Support Enginner to join us!
As a Fugue Customer Support Engineer you will…
- Help define and provide feedback & suggestions on improvements to Fugue customer support procedures
- Act as the primary point of contact for customers regarding software product support during post-sales and selected pre-sales situations
- Provide leadership and mentorship to junior members of the customer support team
- Help grow the customer support team by developing criteria for identifying junior team members, including developing interview and hiring plan
- Respond to customer product inquiries via telephone, email, or online chat
- Resolve customer concerns at all stages of product use, including during installation, operation, and software maintenance
- Answer questions regarding Fugue product usage in context of customer use cases, provide trouble-shooting and assist customers per support procedures
- Recognize need to escalate incidents, tickets, emails, etc. to Fugue Product Management, Product Engineering or Documentation teams as appropriate
- Participate in early testing and familiarization of next-release and new software products
- Maintain Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system data per Fugue support procedures
The ideal candidate has…
- Strong interpersonal skills and technical product knowledge and expertise, critical to responding to daily customer-centric activities
- Experience and willingness leading others while maintaining high level of hands on technical customer support
- Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) with AWS certification desired
- Extensive hands-on experience with Linux/Unix, Windows and other operating system software environments, sufficient to be able to assist customers who may have less/no experience
- Desire to expand role into leadership/management capacity as customer support team grows
- Experience with other cloud service provider (CSP) platforms
Who are we?
Fugue is leading the next stage in the development of Cloud Computing. While the cloud liberated us from the burdens of physical IT infrastructure, it introduced new challenges as applications became distributed and infrastructure proliferated. Fugue reigns in this complexity and simplifies operations, allowing our customers to take control of their cloud infrastructure, move fast, and save money.
We offer competitive compensation, time off, strong work-life balance and amazing start up culture. Come join some of the brightest minds in technology today, and help us change the face of cloud computing!
At Fugue we believe that the only way to build a successful company is by building a diverse team of talented, smart individuals. We know that humans are better together than alone. Whether or not the government provides protection, we do not discriminate against anyone for any reason. Here’s the standard EEO statement - know that we believe in it even more than is required!
Fugue provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Fugue complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.