Fugue is a venture-backed software company developing an infrastructure-level operating system for cloud computing. Initially available on Amazon Web Services (AWS), Fugue builds, optimizes, and enforces cloud infrastructure—continuously and automatically. The company has raised a total of $74MM from investors including New Enterprise Associates, The Maryland Venture Fund, and Core Capital Partners. With offices in Frederick, MD, Washington, DC, and San Jose, Fugue is rapidly expanding its talented, high performing team.
We are hard at work building exciting and transformative cloud technology. We are looking for an accomplished marketing executive to join our growing team, to help bring the excitement and passion we have for cloud technology to the market!
As Fugue’s VP Marketing you will:
- Provide leadership for all marketing strategy execution, directing PR, events, product, and corporate marketing
- Manage the development and improvement of Fugue’s demand generation, AR/PR, and events marketing
- Collaborate with product and sales leadership to create and drive execution of broad marketing strategies that accelerate traffic, engagement and customer acquisition, supported by pipeline accelerating marketing plans for sales.
- Collaborate with Product Marketing to define content strategy
- Develop differentiated go-to-market strategies to drive customer awareness and drive demand for Fugue
- Create and develop approach to measure marketing effectiveness & ROI, ensuring evaluation metrics drive new marketing initiatives and marketing spend
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of the Fugue platform, understanding what makes it so innovative within cloud computing and technology in general
- Be passionate about technology, bringing that passion to major industry events, social media, customer engagements, and other appropriate channels
The ideal candidate has:
- A deep passion for technology, with the ability to market highly technical solutions to highly technical audiences
- Demonstrated experience in team management, including mentoring, coaching, and leading current staff, while also identifying talent gaps to add new talent
- Proven ability in early stage Go-to-Market delivery
- Experience managing full marketing budget, including annual budget plans as well as day-to-day operational budgets
- Hands on experience with Marketo, with the ability to assist team members in management and organization of all aspects of the application
- Hands on experience with Salesforce
- Marketing experience with technical enterprise solutions, ideally within the cloud computing space
- Demonstrated ability to work in highly collaborative environment, specifically with sales and product management teams
- Versatility in both leading and doing—this role requires strategic thinking/management and thoughtful execution
- Stellar interpersonal, written and spoken communication, across all organizational levels
Who are we?
Fugue is leading the next stage in the development of Cloud Computing. While the cloud liberated us from the burdens of physical IT infrastructure, it introduced new challenges as applications became distributed and infrastructure proliferated. Fugue reigns in this complexity and simplifies operations, allowing our customers to take control of their cloud infrastructure, move fast, and save money!
We offer competitive compensation, time off, strong work-life balance and amazing startup culture. Come join some of the brightest minds in technology today, and help us change the face of cloud computing.
At Fugue we believe that the only way to build a successful company is by building a diverse team of talented, smart individuals. We know that humans are better together than alone. Whether or not the government provides protection, we do not discriminate against anyone for any reason. Here’s the standard EEO statement - know that we believe in it even more than is required!
Fugue provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Fugue complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.